THERMAL IMAGING IN OHIO
Infrared (thermal imaging) is an advanced, non-invasive technology that allows the inspector to show homeowners things about their homes that can’t be revealed using conventional inspection methods. Ancillary inspection reports are just as important as the reports you generate for standard home inspections. For something as specialized as a thermal imaging inspection, it’s critical that the information you present meets your clients’ needs for information they can use and act on.
AN INFRARED INSPECTION CAN IDENTIFY AND DOCUMENT MOISTURE INTRUSION, ENERGY LOSS, AND EVEN UNEXPECTED HOT SPOTS.
IN TERMS OF ENERGY LOSS, AN IR CAMERA CAN DETECT:
- heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors;
- damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems;
- air-conditioner compressor leaks;
- under-fastening and/or missing framing members, and other structural defects that can lead to energy loss;
- broken seals in double-paned windows.
IN TERMS OF DETECTING MOISTURE INTRUSION, AN IR CAMERA CAN LOCATE:
- plumbing leaks;
- hidden roof leaks before they cause serious damage;
- missing, damaged and/or wet insulation;
- water and moisture intrusion around penetrations and at the foundation and building envelope that could lead to structural damage and mold.
IR CAMERAS ARE EQUALLY EFFECTIVE AT LOCATING HOT SPOTS IN THE HOME, INCLUDING:
- circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement;
- overloaded and undersized circuits;
- overheated electrical equipment and components; and
- electrical faults before they cause a fire.